THE ELABORATION LIKELIHOOD MODEL'S INFLUENCE ON PERSUASIVE APPEALS

The elaboration likelihood model is a model where we are trying to change a person’s attitude through communication. This model allows someone to use a type of persuasion to make a reader or a person’s view change on a subject. 

The example that I will use is fairly done in politics. This model will work very well when talking about changing certain laws that could affect many people. The way that you use your communication tactics to implement a response from a person is a vital part of this theory. Think of taxes going up and your job is to explain it to a way to persuade and elaborate the reason why it’s going up and why it could be a beneficial thing. 


I find this theory would be beneficial if I’m writing to make people understand and accept change. In my opinion I think it’s more of a persuasive essay type of writing style to where you were persuading the reader to view a point. however, I believe that this is a lot more elaborate with the explanation of how this will affect people and a public. I think this theory could be a little difficult because you need to have more thought out persuasive language. 

Thinking in this thought process is pretty much getting a reader or viewer to think the way that you believe they should. I find this to be a little bit different from a persuasive writing style although it has similarities, I think that there must be a little more emotion in the writing to drawl in the reader. 

The theory would influence my writing style by trying to understand who I’m trying to persuade. Then I would write the article in a persuasive manner with a lot of facts that make my claims stronger. I would then use examples to help my viewers understand. The model suggest that you elaborate your persuasive message, The next message is route the message to people. The next step would be to allow the reader to process the message. Lastly you want the reader to either have an attitude change because of your message. I believe this theory can go well with the mood management theory, because you are both trying to make an attitude change of your message. 



https://www.simplypsychology.org/elaboration-likelihood-model.html


Comments